Sunday, October 2, 2011

6 Miles Down, Meal Prep for the Week

Running

After a 2-week hiatus (due to traveling) I finally resumed my half-marathon training today. I talked the hubs into skipping morning church and instead going to the evening service (*note to self: if you don't go in the morning, you won't go in the evening. Try to switch long runs to Saturdays!) so I didn't have to wake up in the pre-6 am hour to get my run in. I was so thankful for the extra sleep. I think being emotionally tired really plays into how physically tired I am.

I finished 6 miles in 1:09:38, an average pace of 1:36 min/mi. I'm not pretending that's even remotely "good," but today it felt incredible just to finish. This half-marathon is going to be a challenge, and I really need to commit to finishing out my training plan. 

I spent the rest of the day meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking (recipes to come!). Here is a preview:



Calorie counting went well again today. I am not feeling deprived and even indulged in a few healthified treats. Energy is great and I am focusing well on work. Always a blessing! See what I ate today.



No comments:

Post a Comment