Saturday, October 1, 2011

Living Water, Day 1 By the Numbers

I love the fresh feeling of a new month. For me, it's the chance to start renewed and make October be about something, and the month is a blank slate to make that something happen.

Today my healtified life and October 2011 kicked off in several important ways:

1. Fall weather is here! Today was a gloriously beautiful day and the heat was under control. I like the way things are headed in the weather department.

2. I counted calories for the first time today. I am trying to stick to Spark People's recommended 1200-1550 range, but knowing my activity level I am not going to kick myself for going higher. Today was a really successful day (see below) and I ended up at 1,430 calories total.

3. I told the gospel story to more people today than I ever have in my life while working the LWI open house for children. So. freaking. cool.

4. I went to bikram yoga for the first time in 2 years and MAN did it feel amazing. Now if only it didn't cost an arm and a leg....Groupon please help me out here??

By the numbers....counting calories was interesting today. It seemed pretty easy, but that's probably become I am coming off a debauchery of eating over the past few weeks. Let's just say I haven't wanted for much in terms of food. So I definitely expect that not every day will be this smooth. But I did feel comfortable eating within this range, and I liked how it made me really selective about what I really wanted to eat (i.e. peanut butter in the smoothie now? or frozen yogurt later?). Again, total was 1,430 with a calorie break down of carbs/fat/protein very close to recommended amounts. My energy is great so far as well!

What I Ate Today

The LWI open house was incredibly amazing. I know God shined so brightly into the hearts of these children today. Our prayer was that there would be two (for some reason this number was on our hearts) that would leave with an interest in the story of the thirsty that would one day impact the world for Christ, the true living water.




Q: Do you count calories? Or have you ever counted calories? I was an avid NO calorie counting person for a very very long time. However, the amount of weight I have put on over the course of the year has challenged me to take a closer look at what I am really eating. I don't intend to count forever, just until I get myself back on a healthified track where I can make wise choices without counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment